The Distribution Unit
The Distribution Unit is the basic building block of the Neon system. One Distribution Unit is required for every 8 flats and the maximum number of flats on a system is 2040. Multiple audio and/or video handsets can be installed in each flat if required.
The Distribution Unit provides:-
- Full line isolation to every flat – no damage to any flat wiring or telephone will cause a fault on the system
- Full speech & lock isolation – flats can only communicate with a door panel and release the door after having been called
- On video systems, video signal amplification and isolation via coax or twisted-pair wiring
- Selectable door-open indication polarity to suit different makes of existing handset
- They also have a self-test routine and relay-contact-clean routine built in to ease servicing and prolong their life.
Distribution Units are supplied housed within their own Fibox/ABS or Locked Metal Enclosures OR inside a Boxed Exchange c/w Power Supply and Trades Clock (typically for smaller systems up to 16 flats)